ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports ‘interchanging’ of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.